Saint Patrick's Church at Little Creek - Priests

History

Between 1875 and 1900, the priests who served Saint Patrick's at Little Creek came from other parishes, such as Armah and What Cheer. The first priest to hold Mass at Little Creek in 1875 was Father King.  One early priest, Father McCarville, (left)  is said to have traveled from Armah by foot and by horse to say Mass in Liberty on Sunday.  Father McCarville was also a telephone switchboard operator at Armah.

In 1900 it was decided to build a rectory, and Father Thomas Sheehy was the first resident priest to move into it.  Beginning in 1906, Saint Patrick's was served by the resident priests from the Sacred Heart Parish in Kinross, four miles to the south, when a new church was built there.

Interior

Priests

Hibernians

Ancestral Brigade

Photo Tribute

Father McCarville was an early priest at St. Patrick's, and resident priest at Immaculate Conception at Armah.

Priests of St. Patrick's Little Creek near Hinkletown:  1900 - 1965.

In 1913, Father Hartigan was the next pastor for St. Patrick's Little Creek and Sacred Heart, Kinross, and stayed until 1915.  We have not found any records on this priest.

Father Thomas Sheehy - 1900-1906   

Father Francis Nugent -   1907-1913  

Father Hartigan - 1913-1915

 

Father Henry Corcoran - 1915-1918

Father James Peters 1918-1925

Father Leo Kerrigan - 1925-1926

 

Father James S. Peters - Kinross and Liberty

Father Leo Kerrigan at Liberty

 

Father William B. Schmidt -    1926 -1928

Father Thomas L. Wolfe- 1928-1933

Father John Manning - 1933-1937

 

Father Daniel C. Brown - 1937-1940

Father Leo V. Kuebrich -   1940-1958

Father Martin Manning- 1958-1965 

Saint Patrick's at Little Creek was torn down in 1965.  In its later years, the priests who served Saint Patrick's also served the Sacred Heart Church in Kinross, and the Catholic Church in Wellman.  During these years, services were held at Little Creek approximately once a month in the summer, and for special occasions and funerals.  

History

Interior

Priests

Hibernians

Ancestral Brigade

Photo Tribute

Father Sheehy (left), Bridget Sheehy and unknown person at north side of St. Patrick's at Little Creek.

If you have any information or photographs of Saint Patrick's Church at Little Creek, please Contact Us!!

RETURN TO HINKLETOWN "CENTRAL"